ELM327 Bluetooth Configuration
- This version can be used with computers (with bluetooth connection) and with android devices. As I said in other sections could also be used with iOs devices but the complication and danger that entails leads us to consider as much better option the WIFI version.
- So we will focus on these 2. Of course, first of all, we must connect the device to the OBD2 port of the vehicle and make sure that it has the red indicator on, indicating that it is working and that it is available to be searched by bluetooth.
- The use of ELM327 Bluetooth in Android environments is very simple. We will only have to access the bluetooth configuration menu of the terminal and activate the bluetooth if we do not have it activated yet. When the terminas is searching for nearby devices will appear the OBD2 ELM327, we will select it, it will ask for the key (usually: 1234) and ready. Linking is already done.
- Now we only have to install some software to use the ELM327 device. In the SOFTWARE section you will find lots of information about software to use these devices in Android systems. I always recommend the Torque PRO application because I consider it to be the most complete, intuitive and easy.
- The steps to make the link between the PC and the OBD2 are very simple. If our PC does not have a Bluetooth connection we can attach a Bluetooth USB adapter to get it. They are very economical and very useful. In KMTienda you will find them at a very good price.
- Just open the windows Bluetooth configuration, look for the ELM327 device, select it and you're done. This process will only need to be done the first time. On the following occasions the linking will be done automatically.
- The key to link is usually: 1234, 6789 or any of 4 digits. The seller of the device must provide it to you.
- When linking an ELM327 device sometimes does not appear with a normal name, such as "obd2" or "elm327", and can be indicated as a MAC address of XX style: XX: XX: XX: XX, where X can be numbers or letters.
- In the SOFTWARE section you will find lots of information about software to use these devices in Windows systems. I always recommend the ScanMaster app because I consider it to be the most complete, intuitive and easy.
- I will indicate the steps to follow in windows 10 and in windows 7:
* To access the section to configure bluetooth devices in Windows 10, we have to click on the "Start" button in Windows 10 and then go to "Settings". We will have a screen with several options to choose from, and in our case we will enter "Devices".
* On the left side you have a list with several options available, and in our case we will choose the third, called "Bluetooth", and instantly access the Bluetooth section. The device automatically searches for devices that have this connection system enabled. As soon as the OBD2 appears select it and follow the above steps.
* To access the Bluetooth configuration in windows 7 we must click on the "Start" button and choose the option "Control Panel".
* Once here, in the group "Hardware and sound", we will choose the option "Devices and printers".
* Finally we will choose "Add a bluetooth device" and we will open a window where the computer will automatically search the bluetooth devices nearby. As soon as the OBD2 appears select it and follow the above steps.